Choosing the best SEO tools can be a hard task as the competitive landscape of SEO tools has become so broad. A right tool can make the difference between successful SEO campaigns and unsuccessful campaigns.
There are four types of SEO mainly, as discussed below:-
On-page SEO – It refers to the optimization of elements within the domain of your website. On Page Ranking Factors for SEO:-
- User Experience
- Mobile Optimized website
- Keyword optimized title tags
- Keyword optimized meta descriptions tags
- Keywords in H1, H2, H3 tags
- Useful, unique, keyword rich content
- Page speed
- Keyword in URL
- ALT tagged Images
- Internal Links
- External Links
Off-Page SEO – It’s also known as off-site SEO which refers to any action taken outside of your website to increase your website’s rankings. Link building is the most common off page SEO techniques, but there’s more to off-site SEO than just Backlinking. Off-Page Ranking Factors for SEO:-
- Link building
- Social media shares and Mentions
- Guest blogging
- Community involvement
Local SEO – It focuses on website ranking, and primarily your Google My Business listing, for location-based search target. Local SEO optimizes for people searching for local businesses/services. Local SEO is more focussed on optimizing your Google My Business listing as well as any location pages your website may have. Optimizing your reviews and reputation of Google, Yelp, and any other industry-specific review websites also play a major role in your local rankings.
YouTube SEO – YouTube is truly a search engine with an algorithm that can be optimized for. Video content is quickly overtaking content due to convenience and ease of consumption and the future of SEO is trending towards video.
# 65 SEO Tools – A complete list to improve your marketing:-
- Google Trends – It shows how often a particular search term is entered relative to the total search volume in various languages across the world. Google Trends tells you if a keyword is getting more or less popular. Google Trends will quickly show you if there’s been a steady positive trend or sporadic search history that’s all over the place.
- Google AdWords Keyword Planner – It’s a very important SEO Analysis tool to search the right keywords to target for search ads, display ads, video ads, and app ads. It’s an effective keyword research tool for AdWords keywords research and also for SEO keywords research as well. This tool generates a keywords report which shows the competition, cost per click (CPC) global monthly searches, and local monthly searches for a keyword. If your marketing strategy revolves around Paid Search (Pay Per Click), then Google Keyword Planner is a convenient tool to use. Even the most advanced SEO professionals occasionally try this tool for their research.
- Google Analytics – It’s free SEO tool to monitor traffic to your website and what keywords are sending the traffic. You can track a bit of your traffic and figure out the many keywords insights as to which terms people use to search your website. It’s helpful to get a sense of website traffic, conversions, audience, most effective keywords, and lots more.
- Google Search Console – It’s a suite of helpful tools straight from Google. It’s the resource of your website. It’s primarily used in website audit and site repair. Here, you can find a brief overview of search traffic, site errors, external linking sites, crawling errors, etc. it can be used as a keyword research tool.
- Keyword Everywhere – It’s a Google Chrome extension that adds search volume, CPC and keyword competition to your searches. It’s also adding a sidebar to your Google search results page with related keywords. You can add any keywords you like to your favorite lists by hitting the grey star next to said keywords. You can export the whole sidebar lists into a CSV file.
- LSIGraph – It’s a handy LSI keyword generator which shows you LSI keywords. You just enter a keyword and get a list of terms that you can add into your content. If you scroll to the very bottom of Google after you run a search, you’ll see a section called “Search Related to….”. Google only previews a few keywords. LSIGraph shows a much longer list of LSI keywords.
- Yoast SEO – It’s WordPress plugin to use for your SEO. You can use to edit your title tags and Meta descriptions for your WordPress pages and posts. It automatically builds beautiful sitemaps for Google to easily crawl your website and gets your ranking quickly. This SEO tool has a bulk editing feature that lets you make changes to all of your title and Meta tags on all of your pages and posts.
- SEOptimer – It’s a free tool that quickly analyzes your page and lets you know if there are any issues of missing alt text on image and broken links.
- Schema Creator – Google and other search engines have created a structured data standard called Schema.org. Structured data is an HTML feature to make sense of content in your website for search engine machines. Once you have created your schema code, copy and paste it in your website or you can use the free WordPress plugin for an easier implementation.
- Structured Data Testing Tool – It’s a simple SEO tool provided by Google for code validation and testing the structured data on the website. Google uses live data to validate the structured data for any web page through this tool. This tool provides a variety of ways to test, modify, and modify the code and implement it.
- XML Sitemaps – It’s a free SEO tool to analysis online which helps in building sitemap. You have to enter the website’s URL and some parameters that this tool will create sitemaps which you will upload on Google webmaster tool. If you already using Yoast SEO plugin, you don’t need this as Yoast does the same exact thing.
- Robots.txt Checker – It generates robots.txt files that help in ensuring that Google and other search engines are crawling and indexing the website properly. Robots.txt files inform to web robot about particular website page, whether to crawl, index or skip.
- SEOQuake – It provides a wealth of information essential to any blogger looking to improve the website’s ranking, including Google and Bing indexing, Google page rank, and backlinks. It gives you x-ray vision into Google’s SERPs. Here, you can see the domain’s age, authority and other factors that linked to the domain and the pages. It provides the type of data you need to make informed SEO decisions. It’s available as plugin and extension.
- Microsoft Free SEO Toolkit – It helps to increase website traffic and revenue, influence and update search engines and improve the user experience. It gives a detailed analysis and a search engine suggestion which helps improves the relevancy of your website in search results.
- GTmetrix – It loads your website whether Google Page Speed Insights checks your website’s code. It also gives you recommendations for getting your website up to speed.
- Serpstat – It’s an all in one SEO tools platform which contains keyword research, rank tracking, backlink analysis, competitive analysis, and website audit. It files all issues related to mate tags, headings, indexation, links, redirects, server parameters, loading speed, etc. The free version will allow you to customize your search related to your country and there’s all in one SEO tools with paid plans.
- Serp.com Rank Checker – Its free trial run allows you to plug in your domain name, keywords, and to set specific location with a city, state or zip code. It’ll show you where you rank for that keyword in the specific city/state. The paid version allows you to add multiple search locations to your keywords, the large number of keywords per month and extensive tools for tracking and analysis. It’s a free trial online tool which allows users to make changes to their results based on domain, location, and device. It’s a keyword rank checker tool which shows up to 250 search results along with their search volume, rank for any keyword or phrase.
- SEO Site Checkup – It gives a complete analysis of a website that includes the percentage of factors passed checks and detailed description failed checks and warnings for a user to understand and act on it.
- Search Metrics Website Analyzer – It analyze the rankings of domain’s URL in search engine result pages, identify the links of the domain, monitor social media activity, and help track SEO & PPC visibility of a website.
- Kill Duplicate – Some evil people steal your content and they can possibly outrank you. It proactively prevents you and scans the web for content thieves.
- LinkPatrol – It shows you all of your website’s external links. You can choose a domain to remove or no-follow a bunch of links on your website, LinkPatrol will make it easy.
- Panguin Tool – You just need to link-up Panguin tool with your Google Analytics and it’ll show you organic traffic dip happened at the same time as a major Google update.
- Raven Tools – It’s an SEO tool to audit and marketing reporting that’s designed for agencies. It can be used to analyze their SEO, PPC, and social media progress. It shows you exactly what you need to do fix any SEO issues on your website. It reveals thin content that might put you at risk for a Google Panda penalty. Its best website auditor pro-level tools suite designed for digital marketing agencies.
- Rel Nofollow Checkbox – It’s free WordPress plugin that easily set no-follow links on your website.
- Siteliner – It’s is a lightning-fast technical SEO scanner. It’s helpful for identifying duplicate content issues on your website.
- All in One SEO Pack – It’s an alternative to Yoast SEO plugin. It has a unique feature of auto-generated descriptions tags, canonical tag support, and a bad bot blocker.
- Bing Webmaster Tools – It tells you everything about the website’s visibility in Bing. It’s a good keyword research tool.
- Botify – It’s a website audit tool that provides information on website loading speed, HTML errors, and click depth.
- Bright Local – It includes analytics, customized progress reports. It’s an excellent tool for comprehensive Local SEO website audit. It’s helpful to find duplicate or incorrect citations and make sure your NAP citations are consistent around the web.
- Browseo – It reveals how a search engine spider sees your website. You can see a bare-bones version of your website, which can be helpful in showing you the hierarchy you’ve given particular elements.
- Clusteric – It provides a ton of features like website audits, competitor analysis, search visibility and more.
- ContentKing App – It proactively crawls your website and notifies of you of any issues that crop up. It’s similar to other SEO audit tool.
- Dare Boost – It’s a robust website performance testing tool. It doesn’t only size up your website’s loading speed, but it tells you how you can fix issues which are slowing down it.
- DeepCrawl – It’s best to diagnosis on-page and technical issues. It gives a comprehensive report that lists out how many H1 tags have on each page, non-indexed pages, broken internal links & external links, etc, after scanning your website.
- Google Analytics Referrer Spam Killer – It will add filters to your account that remove over 100 know spammy referrer websites from your list of referring domains after linking your Google Analytics with this tool.
- Screaming Frog SEO Spider – The SEO spiders checks your website’s links, CSS, scripts, images and apps to identify problems such as duplicate pages, broken links, URL issues and redirect errors. It analyzes your log files and you can see how search engines bot from Google and Bing interact with your website. It’s designed specifically for the SEO-minded people and specialists. It crawls through the websites and examines URLs for common SEO issues. Ita ’s technical SEO audit tool. It’s desktop software that you have to download. The free version allows for 500 pages to be crawled on your website, which is fine for SEO with small business clients.
- WooRank – It’s top-notch analysis website analysis tool that tells everything you need to know about your website’s SEO health. It helps in improving and revealing opportunities for in-depth website analysis on the basis of existing usability, SEO initiatives, and social media features, etc. It’s a free SEO tool helps you identify website issues and any sort of malware.
- SeoSiteCheckup – It’s very easy to use SEO audit tool which includes backlinks analysis data, uptime reports and website speed recommendations.
- Website Penalty Indicator – It lines up your organic traffic with dates of Google penalties and Phantom update.
- SEMrush – It’s the best tool to show competitor based keyword research and content insights and ideas. It works by showing your competitors’ top keywords. Users can also carry out research on competitor ad campaigns and the keywords used therein. It shows the competitor’s website pages that generate the most organic search engine traffic. This tool helps in the optimization of websites, creating customer-centric content, Backlinking opportunities, and SEO audit for your blog. It’s a powerful SEO tools platform offering a wide range of functionalities across keyword search, monitoring, crawling, onsite training, and other customized features. This tool provides competitors discovery report, unlimited competitor tracking, device and location reporting, alerts, and PDF reports, etc.
- Hubspot Website Grader – It grades your website based on your performance of loading speed, mobile optimization, and on-page SEO. This online tool generates personalized reports based on Performance, Mobile Readiness, SEO, and Security. You can see how strong your website on the basis of Google Search.
- Ahrefs – It’s all in one SEO tool to explore content, find keyword metrics, track keyword performance, and link opportunities. It tracks your backlinks, keywords, brand mentions and knows what your competitors are doing. It ha as massive index that’ updated at least once a day which makes it ideal for backlink analysis. It has an excellent user interface and index.
- Keyword Tool & Content Assistant – It gives you a huge list of LSI keywords that you can use to beef up your content with a unique feature of a content assistant.
- WebsiteAuditor – It’s a great tool that crawls your website to diagnose all kinds of issues. It enables crawling on behalf of the Googlebot to see each and every page and resource of your website with Google’s eyes to make sure nothing is restricted. It also generates robots.txt files and ready to submit sitemaps within a few clicks. It shows the redirects, redirect chains and all broken links along with their sources after scanning all kinds of links on your website. it can crawl and analyzes up to 500 URLs per domain in a free version.
- Long Tail Pro – It’s very easy to use a keyword research tool. Its filtering feature makes it easy to see only keywords that you actually want. It mainly functions is to find the low competition keywords at the most competitive niches with detailed access to SEO metrics.
- SECockpit – It can show you keywords that get a minimum CPC in AdWords. It also shows you keywords that have YouTube, Ebay or Amazon results on the first page. It scrapes the searches similar to… from the bottom of Google’s search results. It can frequently discover keywords that you’d otherwise miss. It’s probably the most advanced keyword research tool.
- Keywordtool.io – This tool scrapes Google autocomplete results. It’s easy to use research SEO tool for keyword research. It’s primarily for inbound marketing and uses Google’s suggest getting over 750 long-tail keywords for any SEO related queries. It’s very powerful in searching keywords for SEO and Google AdWords after Google Keyword Planner.
- KWFinder – It’s an easy to use keyword research tool for long tail keyword ideas. It can extend your keywords list by providing all kinds of suggestions, keywords from Google autocomplete and questions ideas. It also provides estimated keyword difficulty for each keyword, and the stats for top pages, highlighting their strengths and weaknesses. It’s an alternative to the Google Keyword Planner. When you write a keyword, and you get search volume, estimated bid, and first-page competition data within moments.
- Keyword Eye – It shows you keyword suggestions as a word cloud. Bigger keywords = more search volume. It has color codes keywords based on AdWords competition.
- SimilarWeb – It gives your competitor’s traffic figures, organic keywords, engagement metrics and more. It shows you websites that are closely related to you or competitor. It’s an analytics tool that tracks the performance of keywords for any particular website.
- UberSuggest – It suggests common sense keyword phrases based on Google’s own suggestion engine, with a list of suggested keyword. It generates some comprehensive lists of long tail keywords for you. It’s the first tool that scraped Google autocomplete data. It has new features of keyword suggestions from YouTube, competition, and filtering.
- BuzzSumo – Most people consider that it’s a social media tool. SEO and social media go together hand in hand with this tool. It makes finding winning content. Its view sharers show you who shared a piece of content on Twitter, which is solid gold bars. Its alerts tell you whenever a keyword or phrase of competitor’s brand name gets mentioned around the web.
- BuzzStream – This tool research and find an appropriate audience, track people who have accepted your link request, come up with effective email notifications, etc. It’s easy to know who is more receptive to your backlink request and how to boost your ranking on Google. It’s the most inexpensive way to manage your outreach to people.
- Moz Tools – Moz bar is a free browser extension that provides Domain Authority, Page Authority and spam score. Moz Pro prepares content creators with a powerful keyword research and planning tool. Users can track their website’s local as well as national search rank. It’s an all-in-one SEO tool for increasing your business’ ranking and provides you with resources to identify track growth, SEO opportunities, reports, and optimize the website according to analytics.
- Spyfu – It exposes the search marketing secret formula of your competitors. You can uncover the exact content and backlinks that lets them outrank you. It allows users to download their competitor’s most profitable keywords and ads for paid and organic search. Users can search for any domain and see every place a competitor has shown up on Google, every keyword they’ve bought on AdWords, every organic rank, and every ad variation.
- Open Site Explorer – It provides domain and page authority rankings. The free version limits you to 200 backlinks per report, with detailed information are only available for the first five backlinks. It’s a complete link analysis tool for building opportunities, view social activity, analyze anchor text and more. It allows you to research backlinks, discover damaged links, find the link. It’s a comprehensive link analysis free SEO tool which helps in identifying the link building opportunities. The free version gives you a quick look of a full range of link analysis.
- GeoRanker – It allows you to track and monitor your rankings in real-time through heat map. It’s an advanced Local SEO rank tracking tool. When you choose your keywords and locations, it gives a report that shows your Google organic and Google’s local results.
- NightWatch – It simulates search engine queries from any location on Google and easily checks and tracks your website or your competitor’s rankings. It’s an advanced SEO dashboard. Here, you can see your current rankings, traffic distribution, and more.
- Rival IQ – It shows the depth of your social media and SEO presence against your competitors. It’ll let you know, if your competitor is ranking for a new keyword and, getting more Twitter mentions than you.
- Majestic SEO – It focuses specifically on link intelligence and domain-based metrics. Marketers can make use of this tool by searching their extensive index for backlink opportunities. You can use this tool to learn more about inbound links, how your competitor is performing and much more. It’s one of the top link analysis tools with a huge and updated index. It’s helpful proprietary metrics trust flow and citation flow tells you about a website that you want to get a link is authoritative or spammy. Its clique hunter features show you websites that tend to link to your competitors.
- Check My Links – It’s a chrome extension that quickly checks any webpage for broken links.
- Linkbird – Its a keyword research, rank tracking, backlink analysis, link building hybrid tool. It sends email alerts when it finds a new backlink pointing to your website.
- Social Blade – It shows you a channel’s monthly views, subscribers and earnings. With this tool, you can spy on your competitors.
- VidIQ – It’s a professional video SEO software suite which includes video keyword research, analytics, and video optimization tool. You can boost a video to get awesome keyword suggestions for your video’s title, descriptions, and tags.
- YTCockpit – It’s a dedicated tool exclusively to video keyword research along with keyword suggestions. You also get a slew of data on the videos ranking on YouTube’s first pages including HD vs SD, numbers of subscribers and average views.
Conclusion – All SEO tools are not just for SEO consultants but they are necessary for all marketers to needs to get an idea of what’s happening with their website in reality. There are countless tools on the market that can help you refine your website strategy. A good plan in place and the right tools, your SEO efforts will pay far greater dividends. You can find your niche with a little time and a lot of research.