App Store Optimization – ASO
App Store Optimization (ASO) is also known as App Store Marketing, App Store SEO, Play Store ASO, App Store ASO, and App Search Optimization. ASO or App Store SEO is all about gaining visibility in App Stores and increasing your organic downloads. App Store Optimization is about structuring the information in the listing to match the queries that your target users are likely to search for, allowing your app to rank higher in the results. This has led to the increasing popularity of Mobile SEO and App Store SEO in the world of marketing.
App Store Optimization is made up of 4 primary parts:-
- App Title
- Total numbers of downloads
- Ratings & Reviews
The two platforms are available for App Store SEO –
iOS vs Android Apple Play Store vs Google Play Store
- Analyze – App Title is the most piece of App Store Optimization / SEO, it should be easy to read and unique. The keyword should be in Title. App Icon should be Unique. An Icon is the first impression in the mind of users. It must be creatively created. Understand your target user demography. Sometimes the user can search for the people who create apps of their choice. Always incorporate the keyword for your app along with your name. How do you know if you have a good app logo? A/B Testing. Many App Store Optimization / SEO platforms offer this service where multiple pages with different logo variations are tested to see which one appeals to more people and drive more downloads.
- Optimize – First 3 Screen Shots are selling points. Relevancy & Problem Solvency capability of your App. Always check for whom you designed your App? There are two components to ASO – Keyword Optimization & Conversion Optimization. Keyword optimization involves using the text fields in your app listing to target search terms that are a user searching for. Conversion optimization has to do with optimizing you’re your listing to drive as many downloads as possible this includes using text fields, the app icon, videos that improve the percentage of viewers of download.
Publish & Monetize-
- Publish – users are always on a search for an app like yours. Release the updates for an app in once or twice every month. Preview video for your app is one of the most important parts and it helps to explain your product intuitively and It increases your overall downloads. It should be catchy, explain the key benefits of your app. The app should be available in a different language. You must describe your app thoroughly. It is a key factor in Mobile SEO of your app.
- Monetize – Ads, In-App purchases to monetize by adding display names, descriptions and promotional images. In-app purchase can also appear in Search Results, Games and in App tabs.
Stand out with app stores, Do regular monitoring & tweak it. Google Play Store has a limitation of the number of symbols to 50 characters & 30 characters in the Apple App Store. Keep an eye on your App Analytics. The better rating & review you getter the more beneficial it will prove for the success of ASO.
The primary goal of App Store Optimisation is to increase downloads and numbers of users.
Apple iTunes connect has crossed over 2 million apps. Google Play Store has over 3.6 million apps. Just like SEO, we are acquainted with the reasoning in terms of on-page and off-page factors. If we refer to the App page it is similar to a web page containing all relevant App info.
The most important factors for App Store Optimization are as under –
- On-page: Category, Name (Title which becomes the title tag), Description, Keyword, Screenshot, Icon, Reviews.
- Off-page: Download Actual usage after an update, Backlink.
App Store Optimization is a process of trial and error. You will have to apply different strategies and measurement with continuous refinement and optimization, you will end up increasing the number of app downloads, push up in higher charts and ultimately more in revenue.
Web SEO is more complex than App Store Optimization / SEO.
In Web SEO you have to be concerned with the following key factors –
- Keyword selection
- Optimizing page speed
- Multiple search engine optimization
- On-page backlinks
- Off-page backlinks
- High-quality content
- Website credibility
- Page title optimization
- Google penalties
- Link relevance
- Social sharing
- Content freshness
- Nofollow links and more
In App Store Optimization, few steps are to be followed:-
- Right keywords
- Optimizing the App name & description
- A/B Testing with Icons, Screenshots & Videos
- Optimizing the keyword field (App Store)
- Backlinks (Google Play)
- Optimizing Ratings & Reviews
Conclusion – Mobile searches have surpassed desktop search. In mobile search ads spending grow and desktop search ads only experience small growth. Mobile on the go is crucial to everyone and users are utilizing mobile in local areas for local businesses. Now 85% of mobile users are more comfortable with apps than mobile websites. Facebook is downloaded the most followed by Google + and Google search. Mobile will be the leader.