Social Media Optimization – SMO
Social Media Optimization is a process used to increase the awareness and popularity of any brand, product or service. Social Media Optimization can be applied to blogging, micro-blogging, product images, and emails. Social Media Optimization is an effective way to get and stay ahead of your competition on social media channels like Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, YouTube etc.
Social Media Optimization can be defined as a process of accessing new clients by discovering the prevalent social media channels. There are various techniques and strategies such as RSS feeds, social media websites, blogging and videos, and social news websites.
Social media is a great marketing tool that provides a new way for businesses to communicate with their customers. Social Media Optimization concept is about the process by virtue of which the brand can make their content shareable across the web of social networks.
Social media optimization offers you the following benefits:
- Free Advertisement – Posting and sharing content of your brand and services are free on social media websites and apps. It helps you to advertise your business free. Social media optimization is a low-cost internet marketing strategy. The users of social media channels are in billions and increasing day by day.
- Target Audience – You can directly target your audience based on their interest, age group, skills etc. Social media channels give you the opportunity to engage with your customers and increase your brand visibility. You can share updates or review on social media websites.
- Improve Search Engine Results – Social Media Optimization also improves search engine rankings of websites. It will be easy for you to find quick and effective results before the websites. You don’t need to wait for a long to find genuine traffic on your website.
- Video – Video posts are even more eye-catching these days. In the video post, you can inspire the audience and let them know about your products/services and how those products/services will help them. This strategy is getting popular for recent years and used as an important part. It is easier to explain the benefits of any product or service. It is a genuine way to interact with customers in an interesting way.
- Blogging – Blogging is one of the most popular techniques because it has always genuine quality content and people can find genuine results. Professionals are using blogging as the primary technique for optimizing any website through using backlinks in blog and content about the website the company. The keywords are also used in the content to reach to a maximum internet audience.
- Viral Content – You should try to create content that can be viral easily. You will be very successful in social media marketing for any website if you have any written content, image or video and it is interesting enough to get viral. You can easily maximize traffic on any website by creating viral stuff for social media platforms.
- Stay connected – It also increases the communication channels with different people, who can help you to promote your website or they might be your direct customers for social sites. The customers can contact you at any point of time with questions as long as you make efforts to answer those questions within a certain time of period. It is an easy platform to let the customers know about changes in business or any new products or services offered.
- Boost Credibility – Social Media Optimization means a real person is maintaining the profiles and posting articles, blogs, product/service information. This builds and boosts credibility too actively run and participate in the social media platform.
- Traffic for Websites – Social Media Optimization helps you generate relevant traffic to your website without any expenditure. Social Media Optimization helps in reaching to a larger and much better responding audience and visitors will be able to reach you as well. Posting and sharing content on social media websites, forum, and blogs help in generating huge traffic. It helps you to get more traffic to your website with an attractive post on different social media channels.
- Customer Loyalty – Social media optimization can enhance the relationship with customers by establishing open communication thereby strengthening the bond with the brand. Social media optimization has the power to increase customer loyalty. If the customer received a quick response on social media, they get more interest in your brand and would recommend the brand to others.
- Increase Social Visibility – Social media is a great tool to establish a relationship with your audience without compromising on their preferences. The shared contents, blogs, posts etc make people aware of your brand and website. Social media allows writing information about the business with a link to the website. It will help in generating more leads and getting an edge on competitors. It will increase the website visibility and ranking in the search engine result pages (SERPs).
Facebook Optimization – Facebook is one of the most popular social networking websites with over 1.2 billion users. This site has a powerful tool allows you to target potential customers based on their demographics and their interests. It allows you to add a tracking pixel to your website which integrates with Google Analytics and helps you to see whether visitors from Facebook Ads are converting into customers.
You can look at the posts tab to determine when your fans are online by using Facebook’s analytics data to influence your strategy. This allows you to identify the best time to post when your audience is most likely to signed-in. Visual updates tend to work well because Facebook posts with images and videos with adding subtitles see more engagement.
Twitter Optimization – Twitter is one of the most effective ways of engaging with your audience. It’s the social network and some of its useful functionality is available through third-party apps rather from Twitter itself. Hashtags work well and tweets with images receive more click-through-rate, more likes, and more retweets. Many practitioners post the same tweets multiple times to capture followers in different time zones so that it reaches new people and leads to more traffic. You can use TweetDeck or Hootsuite to monitor messages and replies in real time. You can also use ManageFlitter to enhance your presence by managing your following.
LinkedIn Optimization – In LinkedIn, you can work on optimizing an individual’s profile or you can try to optimize a company page. LinkedIn networking can be a significant driver of new business. Encourage your employees to connect their profile with the company page. It will make it much easier for your employees’ contacts to click-through and follow the company page.
YouTube Optimization – Many marketers treat it more like a video arsenal than as a social channel. Video can help to sell the products/services. YouTube is the second largest search engine. You can add custom thumbnails to your videos that can help to stand out in search engine result pages (SERPs). YouTube allows you to add an overlay at the end of your videos or to add watermark to your videos for branding purposes.
Instagram Optimization – Instagram doesn’t allow adding an active link in your photos’ descriptions if you are using Instagram to promote your business. Many users regularly updating the link in their bio and embrace a caption. Hashtags should be used as often as possible because posts with hashtags gain more engagement and interaction. Short hashtags tend to be used more often than longer. You can regram other users’ photos. You will find that you regrammed photos are picking up more engagement than your own content.
Pinterest Optimization – Pinterest has fewer users than the other networks, but it can add a lot of value especially for retailers. Pinterest shoppers spend approximately twice from Facebook and Twitter. Pinterest is more popular with women than men. Pinterest allows users to upload pins and to specify the source URL. Pinterest allows brands to create shared boards, which can be a great way to promote user-generated content. It’s possible to add location data to your pins or to plot them onto a map.
Conclusion – If you are doing right in the right way, it will lead to real relationship building. Social media optimization requires a certain mindset. It is the best way to connect with customers, industry leaders and increase your website traffic.