Content Marketing Strategy is an umbrella term. Content Marketing covers a set of effective techniques, strategies, and tactics in order to fulfill predefined business goals by using content across customer life cycles.
Why some companies make the leap and others don’t. Content gives you a platform to highlight, why your company is the right one for the job.
Content Marketing Strategy’s cycle starts from research work (understand your target audiences) and creating, optimizing, publishing, promoting the content and measuring the success. It revolves around the creation, publication, and distribution of content to a target audience in order to bring new traffic to your business.
Benefits of Content Marketing–
- Brings down marketing costs
- Generate more sales
- Build valuable relationships with the audience
- Improve PR strategy
- Improve brand image
- Enhance customer engagement
- Work with any industry
- Helping in grow a long term audience
A content marketing strategy is as “How” and content marketing plan is as “What” and it may be in the form of written, visual and audio.
The followings are must answer questions to build content marketing strategy:-
- Why are we doing this?
- How will content marketing support our business goals?
- Who are our target audiences?
- Who is on our team to do the work?
- How does a target audience find and consume content?
- What can we offer to target audiences at the different stage of customer lifecycle?
- How do we differentiate from a competitor?
- Where do we focus our content distribution efforts?
- When do we publish the content?
- When do we measure results?
Here is why a content marketing strategy matters:-
- Develops a strategy for achieving your content marketing goals: A company can lose track of its content marketing goals without a strategy.
- Influences the success of your content marketing plan: A strategy can have a massive impact on your success.
- Adapts your content marketing plan to industry changes: Your team can adopt a plan to changes, making your content marketing even more effective. In any industry, as well as digital marketing, it’s essential to stay ahead.
The important factors of content marketing strategy are described as follows:-
- Set Goals – Some common goals include leads and customers, increasing web traffic, building awareness of a brand, become a more online activity and generate blog subscribers. You should evaluate current marketing data like bounce rates and conversion.
- Micro Goals – These are individual goals that you want each piece of content you create to achieve. Your content won’t be the same, so neither your targets.
Research your Target Audience – You probably already know about your target audience as follow:-
The target audience is the key to create content marketing strategies. You can conduct surveys via email, company website or social media platforms to get on what potential consumers are looking for. You can start by focusing on content efforts on just one customer segment at a time. However, the customer of that segment should be a model for your target buyer persona.
- Analyze your Competition – Take a look at your competitors and analyze and how they are disseminating the information. You can gain an advantage over your competitors by offering something that you know your competitors have not.
- Quality of Content – Companies that focus on quantity of content often lose out over companies that focus on quality. High-quality blogs posts will get more shares on social media platforms. They create interest in other industry stakeholders as well as position you as a thought leader, educator or expert. Good content informs as well as attracts, persuades, serves and engages a buyer’s persona, engage customers and other target audiences.
- Variety for Target Audiences – Variety and creativity will help to stand out in industry. Think about using a variety of media such as videos, pictures, infographics, checklists, webinars, auto content and live events.
Content Sharing, Brand Awareness & It’s Great for SEO
- Share your Content – Social Media is an ideal complement to content marketing. Content works as fuel that keeps the social media engine humming as people share and re-share content. You should find out on which social media platform your target audience spends maximum time. The more content you create and share with your target audience and more you become an authority in your field.
- Build Brand Awareness – You will be able to generate more awareness and leads for your business through your content and use it to demonstrate skills and expertise again and again. You can use content marketing to significantly increase quality traffic and inbound links and expose them to a brand they never knew existed.
- Great for SEO – Content is the single most valuable investment that you can make for SEO. You will build a portfolio of relevant keywords to your business and web strategy. When you are creating expert content for the sake of sharing useful and valuable information to your target audiences. Search engines will notice this user behavior as a sign that your website is trusted and high quality; therefore it will rank higher in the search results.
Attract Audiences & Leads Conversion-
- Attract Target Audiences – The beauty of content marketing is that when your will be distributing proof of your expertise to the world, only people who are interested in, going to conduct a search that results in them reading your blog. Only those who are genuinely interested are going to click through your landing page and will fill out the personal information form to get it.
- Conversion of Visitors into Leads – Aligning your content strategy with your sales goals by creating content for download (eBook) or attendance (webinar) will allow you to actively collect leads from your target market. When content gets prospects on your radar, you need to be strategic in nurturing them to the point of purchase.
The buyer’s journey consists of 3 main stages:-
- Awareness – When target audiences have some problem and they come to your blogs to find out a solution. Their searches lead to your blog post where you demonstrate your expertise and secure their trust.
- Consideration – When they evaluate the solution of problems through some of the blogs, videos, and infographics. It keeps in their main that you are expertise in the respective field to help solve the problem.
- Decision – When a buyer clicks on free consultation offer, after viewing of your pricing price and reaches to you. Content marketing helps to find your business and easily close the deal based on your content and expertise.
Social Media Integration, Brand Authority & Backlinks-
- Social Media Integration – You can grow your audiences and brand reach through platforms like Facebook, LinkedIn, Google +, Twitter. You should aim to create useful content that audiences want to read. You need to make your content shareable as possible so that your audiences feel inspired to engage with your brand.
- Build Brand Authority – Content is the best way to make your brand so familiar when you prove yourself better than the rest. Your target audiences will get answers to questions from you. You will be reinforcing your role as the industry expert with every written, visual and audio post.
- Build Backlinks – Backlinking is a criterion that search engines use to rank a website. Now other websites will want to link to yours in order to share your expertise. Your audience may multiply many times. If authority websites are linking to you and audiences are visiting through links, page authority increases for that particular website.
Conclusion – You have to keep serving your target audiences valuable content that will keep them coming back to patronize your services. All businesses thrive on continuous improvement. You have to recognize that reviving content marketing strategy is an iterative process.