Future of Social Media
No doubt, Future of Social Media is of Tomorrow. Social media is itself a vast world where thousands of posts are added every day. Thousands of people join different social media marketing platforms and communities to share and consume content.
Every business that wants to develop a strong foothold in the online marketing world. Digital marketing is evolving every day and one must keep up with the latest trends in the world of social media. Social media marketing is the best platform for businesses to shout out loud about their businesses.
- Virtual Reality – It is safe to say that the technological development of virtual reality (VR) is accelerating and everyone will wonder when it will really take off. On the other hand, hardware has finally become affordable. The latest Samsung Gear VR Headset and Facebook Oculus Rift are available less than the cost of an iPhone. Headset sales are also on the rise. Today tablets are so ubiquitous, we take them granted.
But the fact is, outside of gaming, it is a video that will virtual reality adoption. It is not that hard to imagine that VR might soon do to video what video did to photography.
Photos are still effective for engaging people on social media and other digital channels, but its videos that most grab people’s attention and prepare customers to invest in a product or experience.
In the near future, as VR will become more commonplace, standard video formats won’t be enough. Facebook launched its first dedicated virtual reality application, Facebook 360, serving as a hub for all video and photo content. Facebook’s 360 iOS and Android apps can now capture 360-degree photos without the help of a third party application.
Virtual Reality will find a place in advertising for high ticket products and services with the ability to touch, feel and try products.
- Google’s AMP Initiative – Google Accelerated Mobile Pages initiative has created a history in the digital world. Google aims at improving the loading time of website pages in mobile and handheld devices. It also emphasizes enhancing site usage, user-friendly. With the AMP program, the SEO professionals are putting more efforts into boosting campaigns for mobile sites. Web developers are giving more time in making the responsive website which easily fits all screen size. AMP initiative has forced the digital marketer to re-invent their SEO techniques and online marketing.
- Latent Semantic Indexing (LSI) keywords – Marketers are now embracing LSI keywords. Such keywords are semantically linked to the searches, not connected to particularly to a product/service.
- CRM Applications – Today is the age of CRM based applications and integrated modules. With such technologies, businesses can track visitors at real-time and boost conversations by syncing their chat box with individual social media account. As a result, they can follow their targets audiences all the time and optimize brand promotion in the online sphere.
Interactive Content & Voice Search, Schema Markup-
- Interactive Content & Voice Search – modern digital marketer stress on high quality and interactive content. It will attract target audiences and engage them for a long time span and sustain their presence on the online platform by creating visually rich and appealing content. Voice Search has become a search engine. It’s a new way to search as well as promote a brand. It brings more traffic since people tend to find their desired results at one go.
- Schema Markup – Schema helps search engines to understand the relevancy of the website and display in front of the most suitable target group. It allows marketers to ensure that the site name appears correctly in the search engines. Schema Markup along with Artificial Intelligence is another way to change the ways of conventional SEO procedures.
Here are some of the key takeaways:
- Digital media consumption is growing, everything else is shrinking.
- Digital advertising is growing, everything else is flat.
- It’s Google, Facebook and then everyone else.
- Traditional TV has passed its peak, but Smart TV won’t die.
- Smartwatches or glasses with virtual reality and much more.
- Artificial Intelligence – This technology (future of social media) is still in its infancy. Self-driving cars are being sold. Amazon and Netflix have built-in AI features that help with recommendations and transactions. Chatbots, digital assistants and highly targeted digital marketing strategies. AI will become the norm in terms of marketing strategy. It’s an increasingly accurate ability to analyze consumer behavior and feed into a better and more interactive. Day to day users of AI digital assistant’s devices will be able to watch in play on a personal and business level.
- Social Media – Users are looking more towards entertainment and new technology like virtual reality and are seeking ways to do this separately from their socializing. Facebook is also introducing a new news-feed option to explore that separates social feeds and ads. Digital marketer needs to keep an eye on the shifting ways. Social media platforms are choosing to incorporate explicit advertising strategies, as well as understanding new ways to collect customer information implicitly to direct their strategy.
Blockchain Technology & Micro-moment Marketing-
- Blockchain Technology –It refers to a decentralized Digital Léger that is the basis for anonymous and highly secure applications. In a business context, this type of technology could serve to be an extremely effective way of preventing fraud and ensuring security with customer transactions. It could be used for brand building and customer loyalty programs.
- Micro-moment marketing – It is no longer about ads reaching consumers as it is a consumer doing searches on their own terms. The challenge for marketers is to catch their target buyer in the small window of this moment. Highly customized content with AI is one way that businesses may be able to compete. Digital marketer needs to be thinking, learning and testing in order to accommodate new technology as it becomes increasingly affordable and accessible.
Internet of Things (IoT)-
- Internet of Things (IoT) – It is a term coined to describe the network and communication between multiple internets enabled and day to day devices. These devices transmit and collect data via Bluetooth signals, beacons, and the cloud. These devices will live in our homes as smart appliances, such as smart TV, wearable monitors, smartphones and smart cars. Furthermore, IoT will be very useful in the marketing industry for tracking the purchase funnel, consumer location awareness, customized targeting.
- The IoT (future of social media) is a consumer map. It’s rich with information, habits, and preferences. With the IoT, digital marketers have a tool well beyond our standard Google Analytics, SEMursh and SEOclarity to pull consumer behaviors.
Conclusion – Social media is increasingly used for the purposes of the consumer dreams up with little input from the creator. The core mission in the future of social media will not change – to inform, entertain and inspire.