Social Media Marketing – SMM
Social Media Marketing is the public outreach and marketing of your brand and product through social networking sites. SMM is an efficient, cost-effective, and simple. If you are already doing Search Engine Optimization (SEO) & Search Engine Marketing (SEM), now is the time to look into Social Media Marketing (SMM). It involves utilizing social media sites as marketing platforms.
Companies open their social media pages not only as a public relations tool but also to increase brand awareness. It can be accomplished through content, videos, discussions, polls, quizzes, etc. by communication with audiences. When a business has set up a page on social websites with all its details and products, it wants to attract attention and traffic to it.
There are 3 types of marketing contents:-
- Owned – a company created content, like Facebook Business Page, Instagram Account, Twitter Feed, and YouTube Channel.
- Earned – a content published about a company which is created and distributed by followers or users, like Tweets, Facebook reviews, and Instagram photos of your product/service.
- Paid – a sponsored ad placement, including Video Ads, Facebook events promotion, and Instagram Photo Carousels.
How social media marketing opportunity can be favorable for business brand awareness, leads conversion, etc described here:-
- Increase Web Traffic – By sharing your content on social media, you are giving users a reason to click-through to your website. The larger the audience you have, the higher the returns. You must work towards increasing your active followers who will share your content within their circle and drive more traffic to your profiles. Where social media comes in, keeping your customers updated on what’s happening within your business. Linking of social media pages to your website will boost your site’ SEO. If your social media pages are getting a lot of traffic due to an exceptional content strategy, search engines will improve your website’s ranking.
- Research your Competitors – Researching your competition is a crucial step in social media marketing. You can use the valuable insight to inform and improve your own campaigns. Communication with your customers on social media is a great way to ahead of the competition. Social Media allows you to see how competitors and leading brands are tackling issues. Social media participants less likely to view your advertisements and more are willing to listen.
- Increase Brand Awareness – Social media is one of the most stress-free and profitable digital marketing platforms that can be used to increase your brand visibility. Using social media for branding is the most powerful technique. Your social media profiles should be easily recognized by your current and potential clients. Creating brand awareness shortens the sales process, increase market share, and establish as a leader in its industry. It increases engagement, followers, likes, and retweet for your brand. By interacting with your social followers, you establish a relationship of recognition and loyalty, and it will have a deep influence on company brand and promotion.
- Increase Conversion – Social media helps to present your brand repeatedly in front of the customers. If you are not leveraging social media to acquire leads and generate a sale, you are not using it properly. Posting of every picture, infographics and videos and updates about your products/services, it increases the chance of converting more audiences into customers. Every post you share, post, update, the comment has a higher probability of turning leads to conversions.
- Cost-Effective Marketing – Social media marketing is possibly the most cost-effective way. Many social media are free for business and paid options are usually low-cost. You can create a business page without spending a single penny on it. Every small business can create a business page for advertisement on Facebook free of cost. Social media is available to every business, regardless of the size and industry.
- Public Relations – Social media marketing is all about creating a lasting relationship with your followers. Social media allow you to communicate on a personal basis with individual customers and groups. You can find out what peoples are talking about business. Customers appreciate the fact when they post comments on your business page, and they receive a modified reply rather than a computerized message. Quick response and problem solving of online customers’ allows you to stay ahead of others and create brand loyalty. It improves relationships, ratings and positive reviews about your brand.
- Broad Reach – Social media can reach millions of people all around the world. You can quickly distribute information to many people. You can also network with industry-specific influencers to build lasting business relationships, make an offer and monitor what they post about your business. Most online customers rely on influencers to make decisions. Increase your reach and attract new users through every possible social network.
- Ideal Social Channels – You should develop unique social media marketing strategies for each platform. Not all social media platforms are equally created. You have to choose the right platforms for your industry.
- Facebook – This is the world’s largest social network. It’s good for news/entertainment related content if you want to keep your content light and entertaining, and video content performs best here. It sends out a lot of traffic, more than any other network.
- Twitter – It is more a news platform if you definitely want to focus on trending hashtags and topics. Staying active and engaging with users combined with content marketing strategies.
- LinkedIn – LinkedIn is best suited for thought leadership content. It is a professional network that is perfect for B2B audiences, where industry articles, interesting data, and short, to-the-point sentences go a long way.
- Instagram – This platform is well suited for highly visual content. Static images and short videos work incredibly well. Regularly sharing product images and lifestyle posts relevant to a brand can go a long way.
- Pinterest – It is also highly visual similar to Instagram. It’s great for visual brands as they completely geared towards imagery and inspirational.
- Customer Feedback – Social media is a good way of engaging and interacting with customers. Social media provides an opportunity to quickly react to feedback. Either the outcome is positive or negative; you have got the way to respond within seconds. Businesses should focus on gaining trust on social sites by engaging their followers consistently in a manner that reflects the true nature of their brand. Write and post informative & industry-specific content that is not sales oriented.
- Results Measurement – By observing the activities on your profile, you can see customers’ interest and opinions. Social media can help you get information and a better understanding of your industry. Measure results by determining the number of new followers each social media platform gained the amount of engagement categorized by tweet, comments, likes, and shares and clicks that converted into sales.
Conclusion – There is no denying that social media marketing has many advantages for start-ups and established brands. The world is embracing digital transformation. The earlier you start, the faster you see the growth in your business.