Remarketing is a very powerful tool that can be used to drive more sales, increase traffic, and see more action all around. It is the best approach to encourage conversions by bringing back customers who visited your website. Remarketing is a term used to describe re-engaging customers with email. It is used to describe as shopping cart abandonment email campaigns.
Remarketing is meant to bring users back to a website or mobile app after they have left, by displaying ads across their different social media and internet platforms. It’s the best strategy to get targeted ads in front of those past visitors as they browse around the internet. It is a strategy used to re-engage customers using information collected while they navigate your website.
There are plenty of ways to using a simple remarketing campaign. Some simple yet effective tactics include:-
- Standard – This simply shows your ads in a visitor’s display network after they have visited your site or mobile app.
- Video – This is particularly good for YouTube, as it shows video ads relating to something that users may have just watched.
- Email – This is a personalized tactic that reaches visitors individually and let them know that you are thinking of them.
- Search Ads – Targeting users who visit your website and then return to the search engines. When visitors leave your website and make more searches on Google, you can place your ad at the top of their search to encourage them to come back rather than going with someone else.
You have several benefits of Remarketing, few are given here –
- Audience Targeting – Encourage past website visitors to come back to your site across the web. You can enhance your marketing efforts by targeting specific audiences based on their interests or demographics. You can target warm leads who abandoned a shopping cart.
- Flexible Budget – This tools provider offer flexible pricing that fit into any type of budget. It’s easier to set up and implement a campaign on any scale. Optimize your search campaigns by tailoring bids and ad to past website visitors with lists for search ads. You have control over the budget and robust reporting tools to help you make smart spending decisions. You can see which websites in the display network perform the best so you can optimize the messages and budgets for specific pages.
- Find new people who share website characteristics with your high-value website visitors and introduce them to your website with similar audiences.
- Brand Exposure – It improves brand recall by being able to constantly connect with your customer with messages that match their stage in the buying process. You will be to establish brand awareness in the early stage of the purchase process and become the authority of your product. The more a potential customer is exposed to your brand, they more likely they are to buy from you when they decide to make a purchase.
- High Conversion Rate – It helps you to regain visitors by showing them advertisements on other places such as news website, blogs, and article with a custom message which attract your customers to revisit your website and complete a purchase. It keeps your brand at the top of their minds and increases your chances of a future sale. It increases conversion rate by reaching out to customers that expressed interest in your products but did not complete the purchase. Use of abandoned cart emails that consistently receives a click-through-rate (CTR).
- Return on Investment – Remarketing objective is to maximize the opportunity of every potential sale that passes through the online store. It helps to increase conversion rate, promote your brand and better return on investment (ROI). Remarketing helps to improve ROI by optimizing conversion rate and effectively minimizing lost sales through another effort on leads.
Here, few famous Remarketing tools are in use –
- MailChimp – It provides email marketing service with an extensive remarketing tool through which you can send out targeted emails and post ads on social media channels as well. MailChimp offers flexible plans that suit to professional marketer and start-ups.
- Hubspot – It has all in one inbound marketing software that pledges effective marketing campaigns. It has features of marketing automation, emails, CRM, and easy integration with Salesforce.
- Adroll offers a wide range of solutions that help customers to check out. Its serve display ads across the web, social media channels, emails, and other devices. It has access to over 500 ads exchanges that include popular websites like Google, Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
- Social Media – You can remarket on Facebook and other social media websites users. You can remarket on the Facebook pixel (tracking code) which creates a Custom Audience from the information it gathers on your website traffic. Facebook pixels are used to bring back website visitors to complete an action, target specific ads to specific people, find people who are similar to your desires audience and to capture lost leads. In the Facebook Business Manager, you can segment your audiences based on rules using URL keywords and session duration.
- Google AdWords – Google AdWords is Google’s online advertising service that helps get your ad in front of the right people at the right time. Google AdWords not only encompasses the ads at the top of Google searches, but Google’s advertising reach also extends to over one million websites, apps, videos, and blogs with the opportunity to reach more than 90% of all users on the web. Google’s ads tracking and targeting technology allows you to increase brand awareness, recapture old leads, and accurately track your return on investment (ROI).
- Google’s one of the best tools is called Smart List. It is a remarketing audience that analytics generates to maximize your conversions. You can plan strategy with Smart List for you by determining which users are most likely to convert. Upload your own customer contact information list and show your customers ads across different Google products when they signed in. General ads are shown on Google’s display network partner website and apps. Google takes into account dozens of signals, including location, device, browser, referrer, session duration, and page depth to identify users for the audience.
The different types of display ads are available on the Google Display Network are:-
- Text – identical to the text ads in Google Search (PPC). You get 2 lines of text (35 characters each) and a URL.
- Image – creative ads by using relevant images, photography, layouts, and colors.
- Video – Targeting users who have viewed a video on YouTube. It will be by embedding a video into your ad. Video ads will be placed next to relevant videos on YouTube and other video website display network.
- Rich Media Ads – such as animated banner ads, another fancy, and interactive elements, or other features are probably rich media ads.
- Facebook & Instagram Ads – Connect with your customers on Facebook or Instagram with your own contact lists. You can add a snippet of code to your website allows you to create a custom audience of your website previous visitors. Install a bit of code to your app and you can attract them to return for more game-play or an item they may want to purchase.
- Facebook Email Remarketing or Facebook for Business pioneer their custom audience feature in which you can upload your email leads list and match them with Facebook’s accounts. You can post targeted ads automatically for precise leads in your list and get your customers’ attention back to your brand.
- Remarketing Emails – Emails play a big role in your strategy with big characteristics of dynamic delivery, improved metrics, and escalating incentives. These emails are always in response to a website visitor’s actions, which makes it different from marketing emails. Remarketing emails have higher open rates when compared to marketing emails. Incentives, discounts and escalating other offers that will convince visitors to return to your website and make the purchase. You can easily identify these emails by the content. Transactional emails used for the campaigns like order, shipping, and returns confirmations are opened 10 times more than ordinary marketing emails.
Conclusion – Remarketing is the best way to appeal naturally to a customer without being too aggressive and persistent; the advantage plays into the fact that they will already be aware of your brand, and will be encouraged to come back after they have left.