SEO (Search Engine Optimization) Techniques
SEO (Search Engine Optimization) Techniques are used to enhance the visibility of any website on search engines; like Google, Yahoo, Bing, and Yandex etc. Most users click or visit only those websites which can be visible on the first page of the SERP’s. The higher a webpage secure rank in the SERP, the higher the possibilities a customer will visit it. Search Engine Optimization is evolving and with evolution change is certain. The lifeline of any website is website’s traffic and these 2 essential factors are:-
- It is very targeted
- It is FREE
A major factor of Search Engine Optimization is not only returning to your website but spending lots of time on it. Small things make a difference.
There are generally two techniques:-
- ON-Page SEO – On-page refers to optimizing the original website’s elements such as keyword, content, image, URL structures, header tags, Meta tags etc.
- OFF-Page SEO – Off-page handles the promotional methods by acquiring quality backlinks to it.
The ON-Page Techniques:-
- Keyword – Keyword research is like the first chapter in the SEO world. SEO is evolving so is Keyword research. Search Engine Optimization revolves around a topic and not a keyword. The focus of your research should be on discovering which search terms are most common in your particular niche. By doing ample keyword research, wisely choose which keywords to use on your website and in your titles. If you use the plural form of keywords, you can increase SEO. Keyword stemming is applied by a few search engines. Use all possible variations of your keyword in your content to ensure top search engine results.
- Content – Content improvement is the very best strategy to drive audiences towards your site. Create great content; otherwise, no one will stick around on your site. Original content ranks higher on search engines because it attracts more traffic. When you give information that is relevant, new audiences will come back more often.
Page Title, Meta Tags, Meta Descriptions, Body Tags, Transcript-
- Page Title – H1 is heading that is embedded to let the website visitors understand; on which you are discussing in the page. It is seen first by people that enter your site. This should be a description that is unique to your website’s content with keywords that are relevant. An H1 title tag is the one is crawled by the search engines after page title. This is the powerful element that improves the site rankings. If Heading 1 is used multiple times, your content is considered as uninformative and less relevant.
- Meta Tags – For every page includes Meta tags, which are a set of keywords.
- Meta Descriptions – These descriptions are very important which includes the relevant keywords for your content. These are used when your page is listed through the search engine.
- Body Tags – Break up your contents into smaller sections and paragraphs which will be easy to read and understand.
- Transcript – You should provide transcripts for video and audio content that your post to the site. Search engines can then use those to easily find your content and place you in search results.
AMP, Sitemap, Visuals, ALT Tag, Grammer-
- Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) – We are from a generation that needs everything quickly and now we are in the mobile-first world. AMP enhances the user experience that leads to improved on-site metrics – bounce rate. Search engines love the sites that load faster and they tend to rank higher.
- Sitemap – If you have a sitemap; then your website page is pulled out with ease by the search engine crawlers. When a user searches for the product or services similar to yours. The sitemap is written in XML, a Metalanguage; that is easily understood by crawlers, and in conveying to the search engines.
- Visuals – The World Wide Web is becoming a visual gallery, with millions of websites making use of high-quality images, infographics, GIFs and videos to promote and increase user engagement. Videos and rich text is more effective at retaining the attention of visitors than traditional text.
- ALT Tag on Images – Search engines read and index ALT tags so that keywords included in these pages will improve page rankings.
- Grammar Issue – A website content should be understood; by your audience; and by the search engines. If your website is fill-up with errors; then search engines may not find you as appealing.
- Don’t use Flash – When you’re using a website for SEO purposes. Flash is slow to load and is unreadable by search engine crawlers. Flash file text; is not to be indexed. Only visible information is crawled; by search engines. Try to avoid using Frames, Ajax and Flash as much as possible. None of these functions is search engine friendly.
The OFF-Page SEO Techniques –
- Backlinks – Linkable content is an effective way to improve your SEO by acquiring backlinks. Use of off-site linkings can give a boost to SEO efforts. But makes sure these links lead to quality content from a reputable site. Search engines place more importance to relevant off-site links than to the internal links that connect pages of your site. Don’t publish a page full of links; add them into your content, so that they blend with rest of the page.
- Free Listing – You should list your website; with Google and Yahoo; to increase publicity. This can only lead to increases in website traffic. Promote yourself for free without violating anti-spam rules.
- Domain Information – Don’t make your domain information private. If Google registers your domain; and information has blocked. Google may consider you a spammer.
- Article Submission – The best Search Engine Optimization way is to use good outbound links. Article directory submissions, online blogs, Internet forums and even traditional press release all help. Leave no stone unturned in your quest for links pointing to the homepage.
Social Network, Photo & Video Sharing, Local Listings & Social Bookmarking-
- Social Networks – Use authoritative social platforms like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn etc, to increase your ranking.
- Photo Sharing & Video Marketing – Share your business photos & videos on sites like Flickr, Picassa, PhotoBucket etc, to increase traffic to your site.
- Local Listings – First start listing your business in local sites like Google Local, Maps etc, instead of going global at an initial stage.
- Social Bookmarking – Submit your blogs and pages to the most popular social bookmarking sites like Mix, Digg and others. Write proper tags as it attracts more customers thus increasing the website traffic.
Conclusion – This is fast a paced industry and forever changing. The methods that worked a few years ago may dent your today business. You should keep reading and learning new Search Engine Optimization Techniques and testing the new approaches from time to time. Keep yourself updated to stay top of everything.